First and foremost, Oats are an excellent whole grain source of antioxidants and fiber, and they help reduce your risk of practically every disease in the book (cancer, diabetes, heart disease, obesity, etc.). Peanut butter adds protein and healthy fat, and banana gives you a nutritious dose of potassium, mood-boosting tryptophan, and even more fiber. This recipe is fantastic when you know you will be running out the door and you need a breakfast that will not only be nutritious but portable. This recipe serves 2.
- 3 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- 90g of Rolled Oats
- 200ml of Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp of Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Tbsp of Vanilla Essence
- 1 Tbsp of Honey
- 1/2 Tsp of Cinnamon
- Sliced Banana (for topping)
- Dark Chocolate Shavings (for topping)
- In a medium bowl, mash your banana with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl.
- Mix until well combined. (Really mix as the peanut butter needs to be evenly distributed, and this may require a little extra elbow grease.)
- Pour the mixture into two airtight containers. (Yes, you can just cover the mixing bowl tightly with plastic wrap. I prefer to refrigerate individual servings, but you do what you have to.) Refrigerate the oats for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- When ready to eat, give the oats a good stir. Add the toppings of your choice and get stuck in.